The Heart Of Cape Town Museum
The human heart transplant, one of the greatest moments in medical history, was made possible by an extraordinary interplay of scientific dedication; human courage and generosity and a timely chain of events.
Today, The Heart of Cape Town Museum honours all those who played a major role in the surgical feat that pushed the boundaries of science, into the dawn of a new medical era, an era in which it became possible to transplant the symbol of the essence of life, our human heart.
Important Information for Booking your Tour
- We offer Guided Tours only, no walk-abouts
- Group Bookings are essential
- We recommend you contact us directly in advance of your visit, either via phone or email, to check availability and to prevent disappointment as tours fill up quickly
- The 17:00 tour is by appointment only and must be booked 48 hours in advance
- If you book through 3rd party websites offering tickets to our museum, please note that you still need to contact us directly to check availability.